Stargazing, A Dallas Stars Puckcast – Episode 137: Armchair GM, Forward Edition
The Stars could use more goals, but where will they get them? Mark and David put all their chips on the table, and serve them with extra salt.
The postseason is officially here! Are you ready for the rollercoaster that lies ahead? We can only hope the Dallas Stars are, too – and therein lies the discourse.
In our second installment of Armchair GM, David and Mark center on centers, and wingers, and scoring lines. In this episode:
- Key injuries probably kept the Stars out of the playoffs in 2021 – but will their system keep them out in 2022?
- How do they get better at overtime?
- Which Cedar Park prospects might be ready for their Jason Robertson moment?
- He’s AHL rookie of the year – but will reigning Garrett Memorial Award winner Riley Damiani turn out more like Mikko Rantanen or Curtis McKenzie?
- Is the UFA everyone wants the UFA who can have the biggest impact?
- Can the hefty supply of left wingers in the 2021 UFA class give the Stars some key options in case Jamie Benn is set to become a full-time center?
- Can the team finally solve the puzzle of putting complementary players together?
- Will Denis Gurianov get his groove back if they do?
- Can they at least put together a fourth line that makes sense?
- And what of Joel “The Junk Man” Kiviranta?/
Has “I like where we’re at” become Jim Nill’s version of “Mission Accomplished”? Tell us what you really think. You’re at Stargazing.
Want to be part of the next podcast? Post your puck questions in the comments, or find us @WesALawrence and @KETibbetts.
And don’t forget: You can hear Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you find your favorite casts.