Stargazing, A Dallas Stars Puckcast – Episode 134: Defense And Big D
With silly season looming, Taylor and Wes take a look at the Stars’ blueline identity - and at some of that high-profile trade speculation.
The NHL silly season is rolling up on us like a big, slow, heavy rolling thing. And while nothing particularly interesting is happening for Dallas Stars fans right now, there is always the possibility that interesting things could happen soon.
Case in point: some flashy trade rumors that have surfaced as June begins. Wes and Taylor took the lay of the land and asked the only question that matters: How does this affect the Stars? In this episode:
- the NHL Draft Lottery (and what the league could gain if it were a little more conscious of the fact that sports are entertainment),
- the Seth Jones market, and whether the Stars should be in on it,
- John Klingberg and his next contract,
- Miro Heiskanen and his natural side,
- the value of goals vs. the value of grit, and whether that makes Mitch Marner the new Tyler Seguin,
- and how the Stars’ cap management will shape the team going forward./
Did Jim Nill really go all the way into the office for that? Let’s find out. Let’s go Stargazing.
Be part of the next podcast! Post your puck questions in the comments, or find us @WesALawrence and @KETibbetts.
And hear Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Google, Amazon, or wherever you find your favorite casts.