Father Time is undefeated, but he may not be as quick as you think he is. This seems like a good place to start with a long look at one of the Dallas Stars’ most polarizing players.
Wes and Mark took last week’s challenge seriously, and therefore you should, too. In this edition, they take a deep dive into the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is Ryan Suter:
- What do the Stars see in Suter?
- No, really – what do the stats show that the eye test may not?
- Is Suter’s real problem that he’s inherited the mantle of That Guy – the designated defender who takes a lot of fan heat for, well, no good reason?
- Or does his usage only work with certain other players (looking at you, Miro Heiskanen)?
- How does Veteran Skill™ actually factor in?
- How are the Stars evolving their system to face the future?
- And what does this road trip, so far, tell us about the entire team?
All this, plus a preview of which Texas Stars deserve some time with the big team (and a big dose of Random Robot Voice), are in this week’s Stargazing. We’ll find guys, unless we don’t.
And yes, Mark is getting a wired mic for Christmas. We guarantee it.