The Dallas Stars have NHL-level goalies to spare – but how will they manage the crowd in the crease? Do they have a clear-cut starter – or starting brigade? And to what extent are those decisions fully in their own hands?
Wes and Tyler tend to get all worked up about this stuff, and when they do, they podcast. And pace. (Plays hell with the Bluetooth sometimes.) In this episode:
- Who is the Stars’ starter, and is that as straightforward as it looks?
- Who is their backup...and is that as straightforward as it looks?
- How might a 1A-1B situation work?
- Will the return to a full schedule help or complicate matters?
- Jake Oettinger will be The Guy somewhere – but will that be in Dallas or in Cedar Park?
- Does Anton Khudobin have a bounceback year in him?
- Do you sign Braden Holtby if you don’t plan to play him in the NHL?
- What can we expect from Ben Bishop?
- And even with all these netminders, do the Stars have actual organizational depth?
Can you go 30 minutes without weighing in on the Holtby signing? If you can’t...come sit next to us. You’re with Stargazing.
Let’s get through the next few weeks together: Be part of the next podcast by posting your questions in the comments, or DM’ing us @WesALawrence or @KETibbetts.
And as a reminder, you can listen to Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, Amazon, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever fine audio is found.