We’re about to go from zero to hockey in a period of mere days. What will you do? ...What will you do?
Wes and Taylor sat down to discuss forwards and line combos, but a sudden outbreak of actual Dallas Stars headlines gave them even better things to talk about. Among the topics:
- How should fans interpret Saad Yousuf’s money quote in The Athletic that Tyler Seguin “only require[s] acupuncture every 36 hours”?
- How much should we read into David Satriano’s assertion at NHL.com that Ben Bishop “likely will be healthy”?
- How much more does Miro Heiskanen have to do to impress the hockey men who create meaningless rankings and vote on the Norris Trophy?
- How much unseen work goes into the maintenance of a professional athlete, and how overwrought do we get when we don’t understand that context?
- How much of getting healthy is really about getting rested?
- And how much will the return to a normal, non-punishing, non-COVID schedule help?
All this, plus a fan question and a free review of the league’s long-term injured reserve rules – what more could you possibly want? Answer in the comments, because right now, we’re Stargazing.
What would you do to make the Stars’ penalty-kill unit? Be part of the next podcast by posting your questions in the comments, or DM’ing us @WesALawrence or @KETibbetts.
And don’t forget, you can listen to Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, or anywhere else fine casts are found.