So the 2021 NHL Draft wasn’t enough for you? The Dallas Stars got even busier on the first day of free agency.
If you spent most of Wednesday afternoon wondering what just hit you, you’re in pretty good company. On Wednesday night, Wes, Mark and Tyler sat down to make sense of the new reality. Here’s what they talked about:
- Is Braden Holtby too much, not enough, or just right?
- What does his contract imply about Ben Bishop’s future?
- For that matter, what can we guess about where Anton Khudobin and Jake Oettinger will start the season?
- What happens with the top four now that Ryan Suter is joining the gang?
- How will the Suter signing affect Miro Heiskanen’s special-teams time?
- What will the team have to do to get Heiskanen back on his natural side?
- What does all of this mean for John Klingberg’s extension?
- Does Luke Glendening fill the Jason Dickinson void?
- Are the Texas Stars shaping up to be a really, really good team after all this?
- Do any of these signings address the Stars’ real-life, on-ice problems?
- And how do they hold up as part of a flat-cap league?
Does throwing a trusted veteran at an issue really solve it? Tell us what you think. You’re at Stargazing.
Have any questions about the second day of free agency? Become part of the next podcast by posting your puck questions in the comments, or DM’ing us @WesALawrence or @KETibbetts.
And you can listen to Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, or wherever fine casts are found.