The Dallas Stars won one of those four-point contests against the Chicago Blackhawks last night. That means they’ve moved up one place in the Central Division standings, but they’re still seven points out of the race for a Stanley Cup playoffs spot with two games to go before the NHL trade deadline. What to do, what to do....
In our pre-TDL edition, Wes Lawrence and Taylor Baird try to separate the green shoots from the magic beans. Here’s what made the menu as the TDL bears down on us like an out-of-control semi:
- What message is the team sending whether they buy, sell or hold?
- Can the Stars find the juice (or the unicorn trade) to make a run to the playoffs, or are they prisoners of their own style?
- Is it really as simple as fixing pieces when the structure may be faulty?
- How much is on the system, and how much is on the players?
- To what extent are the Stars still feeling the fallout from The Ken Hitchcock Year?
- What could happen if they finally get healthy?
- Is Texas Stars head coach Neil Graham the big team’s next breakout homegrown prospect?
- And what the heck is wrong with a league that can’t find space for pure offensive players?
Do you ever think you just need to talk more crap about your favorite players to get them going? You’re among friends here.
P.S. Get your Stargazing bragging rights by listening before everyone else. Subscribe for free at our Podbean site.