When we started recording last night’s Stargazing, the Chicago Blackhawks were down 4-1 to the Nashville Predators in the third period. Life moves pretty fast, as the philosopher once observed, and the Preds’ reversal of fortune is now a matter of fairly brutal public record.
It only takes a minute – well, a few great games – for a season to change. And now that everything’s a playoff series, the Dallas Stars have been living the upside of that. Can it last? Wes, Rob and Mark got together to examine the case.
In this edition:
- Can the Stars’ current goals-for/goals-against recipe keep cooking up victories?
- With Denis Gurianov finding a couple of new gears, can the team keep rolling at least two dangerous scoring lines?
- Do they play better when they’re playing desperate?
- Is it even possible to overestimate the impact of Jason Robertson?
- What can the Victory Green Gang expect when Tyler Seguin returns from his long hiatus?
- Does the Jamie Oleksiak-Miro Heiskanen pair mean the Stars have a legitimate top four?
- And will they get any help at all from the schedule – or their direct competitors?
What’s your position on coaching?... You might pay big money to know what you really think – but Stargazing is always free.
And don’t forget to listen early by subscribing at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, or wherever fine podcasts are syndicated. (Did we mention that it’s free?)