The Dallas Stars can’t win a Stanley Cup playoffs spot in the next six games. However, they can lose one. It will all come down to whether they can shake off whatever bad mojo they’re dealing with and make that move to shut down the suffering Columbus Blue Jackets and Detroit Red Wings.
But honest-to-Pete elites Ben Bishop and Alexander Radulov are done for the season, and depth defender Sami Vatanen was the Stars’ only NHL trade deadline acquisition. Do they have enough left in the tank to scoop up at least nine of the next 12 available points?
It’s a honest question. Wes and Rob put their heads together and searched for clues as to how much #Disco the Victory Green Gang can muster. In this episode:
- How will the confirmed losses of Bish and Rads affect the Stars’ home-stretch hopes?
- Under the circumstances, should they have shut down Tyler Seguin while they were at it?
- Leaving out the disappointment of not getting a top-six scorer at the TDL, is Vatanen...actually a pretty good get?
- Is it wrong to be glad they didn’t trade Jamie Oleksiak for that scoring help?
- How soon will Jake Oettinger go from being the Stars’ future in net to just being the star, in net?
- And how much better or worse off could the team be if Rick Bowness took the leash off Denis Gurianov and let him run amok?
All this, and the return of The Predictions Game, are here for you in the latest edition of Stargazing. (That’s right. Settle down.)
And don’t forget to listen early by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, or wherever fine podcasts are syndicated.