Can you believe the Dallas Stars have been playing for more than a week and haven’t done a single game at home? That all changes tonight as the Victory Green Gang finally returns to Victory Park to take on the Los Angeles Kings.
That means only one thing for the DBD crew: podcasting. (And by that we mean it means a whole bunch of things, of which podcasting is only one, but it’s a very big part.) Wes and Taylor sat down to create some easy listening for the Stars faithful as they make their way to Victory Park, and it turned into a long review of the opening road trip. In this episode:
- Why this style, and why now?
- What’s the difference between managing your energy and powering down completely?
- How long will it take for a Tyler Seguin - Jamie Benn - Alexander Radulov line to re-establish their chemistry?
- Should Rick Bowness break them up now rather than wait around to find out?
- In what world will a goal sniper like Denis Gurianov get the playmaking support he needs when he’s playing on the ding-dang fourth line?
- While we’re on the subject, do you really help any struggling player by, you know, making it harder for them to succeed?
- How much has Jani Hakanpää softened the blow of losing Jamie Oleksiak?
- What are we to make of a souped-up power play that has scored one time in 10 opportunities to date?
- How much is there to like about Stars goaltending right now?
- And when does the John Klingberg money truck back up to his driveway?
What would an alien who’d never seen hockey before think of the Stars’ brand of it? These answers and more await you in Stargazing – now with 37 percent more home-opener swag.
And please don’t forget to rate, review and share at our Podbean site, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, or wherever you subscribe to Stargazing.
Who will be the best-dressed Star (or star) on tonight’s green carpet?
This poll is closed
Someone else (name them in the comments!)