The Dallas Stars return to regular-season ice tonight in Madison Square Garden. Whatever will you do as you wait for the start of the season opener against the New York Rangers?... Maybe podcasting will help.
Wes, Taylor and Greg gathered last night in anticipation of this very moment. Now you get to hear their conversation as they talk out the last of the preseason yips. In this edition:
- After you take out the contracts and NHL experience levels, is Dallas starting the season with the best netminding tandem available?
- How high is the team’s confidence in Anton Khudobin – and how high should it be?
- Is is possible that having Khudobin and Braden Holtby in Dallas and Jake Oettinger in Cedar Park creates a rare win-win-win situation?
- Will the back-to-normal schedule help or hurt?
- What about the sudden rash of illness and injury in the offensive corps?
- Has Jacob Peterson made his case as a top-nine forward, or as a top-six forward?
- Will Miro Heiskanen stop deferring to his defensive partner now that he won’t be deferring to Jamie Oleksiak?
- And is this team ready to be as expectation-heavy as it is?
This is your last preseason opportunity to rag on us for our goaltending obsession. Can you resist? Let’s go Stargazing.
What’s more important – losing 2-1 the right way, or winning 2-1 by betraying the system? Let us know, and be part of the next podcast! Post your questions in the comments, or DM us @WesALawrence or @KETibbetts.
And because we’re really, truly dying for your approval: Please don’t forget to rate, review and share at our Podbean site, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, or wherever you subscribe to Stargazing.
Which Star will get the season’s first Polák (i.e., a goal scored from a bounce off his hinder)?
Someone else (name him in the comments)