Hockey keeps marching on, and if you’re a Dallas Stars fan, maybe you can wipe your mind of that clunker from last night by watching some good teams go head to head.
Lost amidst the Dallas Stars “fucking horseshit”-esque game yesterday was the Florida Panthers staving off elimination at the hands of the New York Islanders by hanging onto a 3-2 win. The Arizona Coyotes took a 2-1 series lead with a beatdown of the Nashville Predators, 4-1, and the Montreal Canadiens have the Pittsburgh Penguins on the edge of elimination by with a 4-3 win courtesy of third period goal by Jeff Petry and more outstanding work by Carey Price in net. Round robin action out east saw the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Boston Bruins 3-2, with the Bruins joining the Stars at 0-2-0 in the top seeding tournament.
Feature match of the day choices today include the possibility of the Winnipeg Jets getting bounced out of the play-in as well as keeping an eye on whether Toronto Maple Leafs get a step closer to being even more obnoxious by losing out on qualifying and going into the draft for the top pick this fall.
Today’s full slate of games:
- 1:30 PM CDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild (NHL Network, 1-1 series)
- 3 PM CDT: Washington Capitals @ Philadelphia Flyers (NBCSN, Round Robin)
- 5:30 PM CDT: Vegas Golden Knights @ St. Louis Blues (NHL Network, Round Robin)
- 7 PM CDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Columbus Blue Jackets (NBCSN, 1-1 series)
- 9:30 PM CDT: Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets (CNBC, 2-1 CGY)
Round Robin standings:
Tampa Bay Lightning (2-0-0, 4 points)
Philadelphia Flyers (1-0-0, 2 points)
Washington Capitals (0-0-1, 1 point)
Boston Bruins (0-2-0, 0 points)
Colorado Avalanche (2-0-0, 4 points)
Vegas Golden Knights (1-0-0, 2 points)
St. Louis Blues (0-1-0, 0 points)
Dallas Stars (0-2-0, 0 points)