After 142 days, we have made it to the Stanley Cup Playoff heaven.
I say heaven because if you’re a sports fan, this unique time is close to nirvana. Today alone, you can watch the NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, MLB regular season games, Premier League matches, and golf. It’s definitely a multiple screen situation today, and it’ll be hard to hit your daily step count goal without some concerted effort.
For the NHL playoffs, we kickoff at 11 AM CDT with the New York Rangers and the Carolina Hurricanes. That will be followed by four other games. Our matchup of the day today features the two early games:
The full schedule for your viewing pleasure is as follows:
- 11 AM CDT: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes (NBCSN)
- 2 PM CDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Edmonton Oilers (NBC)
- 3 PM CDT: Florida Panthers @ New York Islanders (NBCSN)
- 7 PM CDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Pittsburgh Penguins (NBC)
- 9:30 PM CDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Calgary Flames (NBCSN)
All of the games on NBCSN can also be viewed on NHL.tv, which you can purchase for $4.99 for the qualifying round of the playoffs. All local blackout restrictions apply, so you won’t be able to watch the Dallas Stars games using that service if you’re in the FSSW footprint when they open their rond robin play on Monday.