The last gasp of the hockey season is upon us (or the first breaths of the 2015-16 season, depending on how you look at it) as the Dallas Stars get set for their annual prospect development camp, which runs this Tuesday-Saturday.
It will be the first chance for Stars fans to get an in-person look at three picks from the 2015 NHL Draft - forward Roope Hintz, 6-foot-7 defenseman Chris Martenet, and goalie Markus Ruusu - and the last chance we'll have to see Stars players on the ice in an official capacity until the Traverse City prospects tournament.
First-round pick Denis Gurianov has previous commitments in the KHL and will not be attending.
Other prospects to watch include forwards like Jason Dickinson, Devin Shore, Radek Faksa and Gemel Smith, who will all be making pushes for an NHL roster spot in the near future. Philippe Desrosiers, fresh off winning the CHL goaltender of the year award, will headline the the goalies.
Of note, there are three South Korean players taking part in the camp - forward Jinhui Ahn, defenseman Wonjun Kim and goalie Kye Hoon Park. The first Chinese player was just drafted into the NHL a few weeks ago, and the South Koreans are hosting the 2018 Winter Olympics, so this is yet another sign of the growth of the game worldwide.
The full roster can be found here.
All sessions are being held at the Dr Pepper StarCenter in Frisco, the team's main practice rink.
Tuesday, July 7
• Team Turco ice session: 9:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
• Team Bassen ice session: 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, July 8
• Ice session for all players: 11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Thursday, July 9
• Defensemen ice session: 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
• Ice session for all players: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
• Forwards ice session: 2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Friday, July 10
• Ice session for all players - 11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Saturday, July 11
• Development Camp Scrimmage: 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.