Your Christmas in June has arrived with the release of the Dallas Stars schedule!
Here's some interesting notes about the schedule:
*The Stars will open and close the season on home ice this year.
*There are only 12 back-to-back sets. They are:
- Nov 2 & 3 (@ Toronto Maple Leafs, @ Boston Bruins)
- Nov 27 & 28 (vs Vancouver Canucks, @ Minnesota Wild)
- Dec 3 & 4 (@ Vancouver Canucks, @ Edmonton Oilers)
- Dec 11 & 12 (vs Philadelphia Flyers, @ St Louis Blues)
- Dec 21 & 22 (@ Minnesota Wild, vs Chicago Blackhawks)
- Dec 26 & 27 (home-and-home with St Louis Blues)
- Jan 2 & 3 (@ New Jersey Devils, @ New York Islanders -- in Brooklyn this year)
- Jan 15 & 16 (@ Anaheim Ducks, @ San Jose Sharks)
- Feb 15 & 16 (@ Nashville Predators, @ St Louis Blues)
- Feb 29 & Mar 1 (vs Detroit Red Wings, @ Nashville Predators)
- March 11 & 12 (vs Chicago Blackhawks, vs St Louis Blues)
- April 2 & 3 (@ Los Angeles Kings, @ Anaheim Ducks)
That's a lot of Blues games on back-to-back sets. In fact, the Stars will never play the Blues on a night that isn't part of a back-to-back set. Because that hasn't been a problem for the Stars recently or anything (though they have recently played very well against the Blues...but still schedule maker, what's with all the divisional games on back-to-backs?)
*Chicago plays in Dallas three times this season, which is three times we can Victory Green out the arena so please make sure to plan accordingly and buy those games, if you haven't already.
*Dallas will play their traditional New Year's Eve game versus the Nashville Predators this year.
*The longest home-stand spans five games and the longest road trip spans four games (three times this season).