Happy Labor Day everyone!
Now that September is here, hockey news will finally start rolling in a bit more regularly. In the meantime, enjoy these links as something to read while your burgers are on the grill.
Enjoy the extra day off, everyone!
- Mike Heika continues his rolling chat, this time discussing the contract status of Eakin and and Dillon. With training camp starting soon, this question will be repeated more and more by fans until the signings are announced. [Dallas News]
- Speaking of contract issues, Ryan Johansen of the Blue Jackets may not show up to camp right away due to his own RFA negotiations. It will be interesting to see how his plays out as well. [Puck Daddy]
- Josh Bogorad continues his On The Radar series, this time discussing the defensive issues for this season. [Dallas Stars]
- Patrick Eaves may be the least known of the players to join the Stars this offseason. Get to know more about him here. [Dallas Stars]
- Ah, good old Vegas. Where you can bet on the Stanley Cup winner, the NHL leading scorers, and... the odds of expansion. [Sports Illustrated]
- Here's a look at the expansion teams since the original six, and how they've done since coming into the NHL. [Sports Illustrated]
- I love this summer of disappointment series. Especially when it features teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs [Puck Daddy]
- And what better way is there to end the day than with the ultimate classic -- Jersey Fouls [Puck Daddy]