The women's 2014 Winter Olympic hockey final is set for, surprise, another classic USA vs Canada tilt on Thursday morning. The men get serious tomorrow with their tournament's first eliminations on the way. The four automatic berths to the quarterfinals (USA, Sweden, Finland and Canada) await their dance partners from these matchups tomorrow.
Here's the TV schedule, all times Central...
|Austria||v||Slovenia||2:00 A.M. CST||NBCSN|
|Norway||v||Russia||6:30 A.M. CST||NBCSN|
|Switzerland||v||Latvia||11:00 A.M. CST||MSNBC|
|Slovakia||v||Czech Republic||11:00 A.M. CST||NBCSN|
Look at that. The two games Canada and the United States care about are on a reasonable hour here. I love it when everything works out because it was deliberately manipulated to.
Every game here features an ax to grind.
- The Russians should be about ready to crush someone, and being the lone "big boy" in this round, they're poised to destroy Norway as a statement in getting back on track to capture gold on their home soil. Err, ice.
- Latvia should put up a good fight as everyone in the community already has Canada/Switzerland penciled in on the brackets.
- The Czech Republic should be looking to blow off some steam after a pretty abysmal trio of pool-play outings.
- Also, Austria and Slovenia will face off for the right to be fed to the Swedish power play. OK, maybe no ax to grind in this one.
- 2014 Winter Olympic Hockey: Musings on Men's Tournament as Brackets Form
- Dallas Stars Have Decisions To Make On Unrestricted Free Agents Ray Whitney, Vernon Fiddler
- Dallas Stars Daily Links: The Olympic Hockey Bracket Is Set
- USA, Canada on Collision Course for Semis, Valeri Nichushkin Leaves Limping, Returns
- 2014 Winter Olympic Gameday Thread: USA vs Slovenia; Canada vs Finland