For the fourth time in the last week we'll ask: "Is tonight the last game of Mike Modano's career?" And for the fourth time the San Jose Sharks just might give a resounding "no!". What's nice for Mike is that it appears as though Franzen is in bad shape and that he'll get into the lineup again for game 7, at least getting the chance to go down swinging if things should go the wrong way.
While most of the hockey world will have their eyes on Modano, the Wings and the Sharks tonight, the folks in Atlanta are feeling the heat today as relocation rumors have started surfacing at an alarming rate after the Coyotes were granted a stay of execution on Tuesday. An Atlanta radio host claims to have been told by Thrashers players that a major announcement regarding relocation is expected, though nothing official until after the Finals.
SB Nation Atlanta and Aaron Portzline (covers the Blue Jackets) say other Thrashers players have heard nothing. This all serves as a stunning back drop for a Dallas Stars sale that seems pretty ho-hum in comparison. (Thank the hockey gods...)
- Head over to Fear the Fin and experience the desperation for yourself in the comments and read Mr. Plank's ambling about as he tries to capture the state of the Shark fans and frame this moment in their franchise. Ultimately, if they win, it's just the fourth victory of round two, and they've been there before. I wonder if they'll act like it. [Fear The Fin]
- Mike Heika talked to Stars goatlending coach Mike Valley and gets the feeling that Jack Campbell will be back in Windsor next year. (He won't turn 20 until January of 2012). Plenty of time. [DMN]
- Eulogizing the Nashville Predators and their style of play, Thursday Morning Cupcheck does a much better job (meaning more humorous) than those that Puck Daddy got to do their Preds eulogy. [Pegasus News]
- Read Mike Modano referring to the Red Wings as "we" and throw up in your mouth a little bit. [Globe and Mail]
- Were you born between 1991 and 1996? Do your awesome moves fake out the objects you place in front of the old beat up net in your parents garage? Then you'll want to head out to McKinney this weekend to try out for the Texas Tornado. [DMN]
- The United States was eliminated by the decaying corpse of Jaromir Jagr, who had a hat trick, but Loui Eriksson scored a goal for Sweden and moved on after defeating Germany. [ESPN Dallas]
- Puck Daddy on 10 best beards this post season. Which Dallas Star would grow the most epic playoff beard? Karlis Skrastins? [Puck Daddy]
- Is anyone up for an open DBD thread for Sharks/Wings game 7 tonight?