Dallas Stars Fans: Our friends at Dallas Cowshirts have been cooking up great ideas for t-shirts with local flavor featuring Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Cowboy inspired designs for a while, and now they've finally dipped their toe into the hockey market with these great offerings.
They've got great stuff at the American Airlines Center and Dr Pepper Star Center fan-shops, but for those of us who just can't get enough Dallas Stars themed gear this is another welcome outlet.
We asked for your ideas here in this post, and many of them are in their design process to be turned into t-shirts. These two are just the beginning, and we hope to see them churn out 8-10 designs when it's all said and done this season, and maybe more if the suggestions keep coming. Stay tuned to DBD for more.
Order shirts here at http://dallascowshirts.spreadshirt.com/ and wear them proudly around town.
After the jump it's down to the on-ice hockey business and morning links for your viewing pleasure...
- Our SB Nation friends Winging It in Motown are looking to their big week ahead against the Avalanche, Oilers and Stars. They refer to Dallas as a team with "inferior talent" and one that the Red Wings should victimize on the second night of a back to back, even though the Wings themselves will be on the second night of a back to back. So... take it for what it's worth. The lesson is: If the Stars are somehow still flying under people's radars at 10-3-0, that's probably fine with them. [Winging It in Motown]
- Our buddy Trey Hill is taking some awesome behind the scenes photos of the Stars road trip here at Dallas Stars.com I would be remiss not to point out that the last time they did this it started with a win in Edmonton and then ended with those two horrible, season crippling thuds in Calgary and Vancouver. So let's hope not all history repeats itself. [Dallasstars.com]
- Let's hope that Ken Hitchcock is not as good of a thing for the Blues this season as everyone thinks. People love this hire. They expect the Blues to become a playoff team. Also, you can see Hitch here doing something on a whiteboard that looks a lot like what my daughter does in her coloring books. [CBC.ca]
- "For the ninth consecutive year since the inception of the statewide award, FOX Sports Southwest took home the Emmy for Best Live Sports Event for the 2010 Dallas Stars home opener against the Detroit Red Wings." [Fox Sports Southwest] Which means that Razor gets to brag about winning another award, I think.
- The hockey world continues to salivate over the possibility of Sidney Crosby returning sometime this week, and they hope it's Friday against the Dallas Stars. That would over-shadow what might be a great matchup between two of the best teams in the league, or the Goligoski/Neal/Niskanen narratives, unfortunately. [Montreal Gazette]
- Capitals third rounder Cody Eakin (from the 2009 draft) will get another shot at the big show tonight after being healthy scratched despite scoring his first NHL goal. The fans and media there are excited to see what the 20 year old can do. It's at this point you might wonder where a certain 2009 draft pick for the Dallas Stars is in relation...but let's not. Nonetheless, watch out for Cody Eakin tonight. [Washington Post]
- Tomas Vincour extended his point streak to six games for the Texas Stars Sunday and Richard Bachman recorded a 29 save shutout in a 4-0 win. Look for more from Stephen later in the Texas Stars report. [Hundred Degree Hockey]
- Here's a sports betting site that says take the Capitals tonight. It also says (as of 10:22pm Monday night, sorry if they correct it by the time I publish...) "The Stars have been on an absolute teat this season." Have they? [Sports Chat Place]
- And here Razor does what Razor does when Razor is doing what he likes to do. Yeah, you know what I mean. [Razor - Dallas Stars.com]