It feels great to finally be able to write about a Dallas Stars win. It was my intention of getting up super early this morning to update last night's post with a full game recap, but these 10:30p start times kill me, especially when I have to be at work at 7:45. So, I thought we would get back to our off-day Stargazing post, a look at news and notes on the Stars and from around the NHL.
- Mark Stepneski gives his thoughts on last night's game stating that while the Stars were far from perfect, they finally did the little things right that are needed to get a win.
- Mike Heika states that while last night's win was nice, the best part was seeing the future of the Dallas Stars defensive corps playing together as one cohesive unit.
- The DMN has a great article on James Neal and his penchant for scoring. They also have some nice quotes from Dave Tippett on Neal's "wild horse" style of play.
- Dallas Stars goalie prospect Matt Climie was awarded as the ECHL Goalie of the Week. In his last three games Climie is 3-0-0 with a 0.67 GAA and a .969 save percentage.
ADSP has a look at the Richard Bachman contract details, which is actually only a two year deal that expires in 2011.
- The Dallas Stars still hold a 2.7% chance of moving up four spots in the draft.