The Stars played tough but the Flames were just the better team all night long. Marty Turco did his best to keep the Stars in the game but the team in front of him just could not generate enough pressure or shots to help him out.
Points to discuss:
- Once again the power play was unable to produce. The Stars played a much more aggressive style with the man-advantage tonight but were unable to set things up on a PP in the final 5 minutes.
- The Stars were outshot 31-19, including 10-3 in the third period.
- Both Calgary goals were a direct result of turnovers at the blue line.
- Brian Sutherby was injured while blocking a shot in the third period and did not return to the game.
- Players out for this game: Sergei Zubov, Brenden Morrow, Brad Richards, Mike Modano, Toby Petersen, Steve Begin all out due to injury.
- Brendan Morrison and Chris Conner both had spectacular games. Conner created all kinds of havoc with his speed.
Once again, the season is technically not over. But it's to the point where this team is just struggling way too hard to replace important players lost to injury.