Texas Stars forwards Colton Sceviour and Chris Mueller have made the trip to St. Louis and will have to be in the lineup this evening against the Blues as the Stars are now down two forwards for this one.
Jim Nill has confirmed that Alex Chiasson is not on the trip. He was shaken up by the Rich Peverley incident, but is fine today...(cont.)— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) March 11, 2014
He visited the hospital last night, so Stars felt it best to give him St. Louis game off tonight.— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) March 11, 2014
Official word on the re-calls is not yet available. The Stars have used one of their four post-trade deadline callups on Cristopher Nihlstorp. It's likely that at least one of these will have been made under emergency conditions and that they'll retain at least two more for the remainder of the season.
Obviously the big thing right now is the health of Rich Peverley, and the well-being of Alex Chiasson, who will likely be back in the lineup Friday night at home against Calgary.
Here is Jim Nill's statement on Rich Peverley:
"Rich Peverley is resting comfortably and being monitored at UT Southwestern St. Paul. He is currently undergoing testing to discover what triggered the cardiac event last night.
The focus of all the testing and monitoring is being dedicated to finding the cause of the event and a long-term solution to rectify the problem.
We do not have any more specifics at the moment.
Rich has been communicating with his teammates and friends. He is extremely grateful for all of the prayers and support that he's received from fans and friends alike."- GM Jim Nill (dallasstars.com)
- Somehow, Someway, Dallas Stars to Move Forward From Rich Peverley Collapse
- SXSW 14 Review: 'Frank,' a quirky, hilarious comedy about mental illness and the nature of art
- Dallas Stars Daily Links: Rich Peverley in Stable Condition Following Collapse
- Video: Doctors, Jim Lites, Lindy Ruff Update Media on Rich Peverley's Condition
- Dallas Stars Game Against Columbus Blue Jackets Postponed After Rich Peverley Collapses on Bench