I'm not going to spend the lede trying to throw a bunch of magic numbers at you on how they can still make the playoffs. And I'm not going to try to say that a definite turnaround is on the way.
Nor am I going to say that the season is doomed. Because it isn't.
There are still 35 games left to be played, after all. There's still time. The question is what the Dallas Stars choose to do with it. Like "not that," when looking back at the last few games.
We knew when the season began that this might be a wild ride. Nothing has changed since then. We will just have to buckle up and prepare for round two as we make our way through the second half of the season.
In the mean time, let's look back on what happened last night, as well as enjoy in the misery of a few other teams, shall we?
- Here's the post game summaries, each one with a couple of good gems in them. [Stars Inside Edge] [Dallas News]
- And some quotes and notes regarding the loss as well. [Stars Inside Edge] [Dallas News]
- The Stars didn't even register a shot on the home power play? Eesh. [Dallas News]
- If you'd like to laugh at the misery of other NHL teams (You know, now that the Cowboys' season is over), the Maple Leafs are having a bit of a meltdown. [Globe And Mail]
- John Tortorella goes on a bit of a rant about shootouts, and how they need to be removed from the game. I am 100% on board with this. But I also think they need to go to 10 minute OTs, and set standings points to the same rules as soccer. Why doesn't the NHL ever listen to me? [Globe And Mail]
- Ever since the full season lockout, the refs have had the timed faceoff rules in place, threatening to drop the puck even if a team isn't ready. Well, over in Sweden, it finally happened. You can read about it and watch it here. [Puck Daddy]
- Apparently Shaq has ties to hockey. Who knew? [Puck Daddy]
- The Winnipeg Jets coach was fired over the weekend. Maybe it's because "We are going to win here one day," doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. [Puck Daddy]
- And finally, if you want to see a stick save and a beauty, check out what Ryan Miller was able to do this weekend. [Puck Daddy]