First things first, I am well aware that not everyone can be satisfied with this new look. Even the logo that the Stars won the cup in had some nay-sayers when it was first unveiled. When designing something that has as broad a scope as this brand does, naturally their will be some people disappointed.
Several weeks earlier (when the logo was "accidentally" leaked) I started scouring the interwebs for concept art. Most blew royal chunks, but there were several good options.
Look at the fourth picture down...the one with the black star pattern (similar to that of the 99'-00' jersey.
The First picture in this one. The arms are what I love most about this. I would have bought this jersey in a microsecond.
What I Like/Love:
- The Laces! (About damn time!)
- The Color Scheme
- The "Pop" of the shade of green
- The circle symbol on the shoulders, would make one hell of a third jersey (similar to how Columbus has that cannon thing going on)
- That Texas symbol with the logo crossing over it.
The Things I don't Like:
- The Gaps in the logo. The black sections between (3) of the (5) points and the D. It still bugs me.
- The lack of black on the top of the home jersey
- The Numbers. Not my favorite font for numbers
If the rumors were true and they were thinking of going Silver and Blue, before Modano stepped in...he may have just jumped to the top of my favorite players list. Green was needed. And I have not heard from one fan who thinks this much green is a bad thing. Some are not sold on the shade, but I tend to like it. It is different, it does have a classic feel, it seems like they spent a lot of time and money and effort to get this right, and it shows.
I am grateful that this owner, management and team are listening to the fans. This can not be overstated. I love this team, I will grow to love this jersey set, but I will probably wait till a third jersey comes out next year. Hopefully it has the black down the arms and the circle symbol or the Texas symbol on the chest. That will be something to see.
What do you guys (and girls) think?