Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from your crew here at Defending Big D! Wishing you all the best in the coming year.
And for your holiday enjoyment, I put together a list of the top 10 things I want as a Dallas Stars fan:
10. The magical Skele-Gro potion in Harry Potter that grows bones lickity-split, so that Stephane Robidas can return to this heavily injured blueline.
9. A 10 minute feature film of Ralph Strangis mic'ed up -- because he's a funny dude with great one-liners.
8. A calendar of Dallas Stars players with man's best friend, because I like adorable puppies. (And guys, before you say anything, you get Ice Girls calendars. You have nothing to stand on to argue this -- plus who can say no to puppies?)
7. An Antoine Roussel-to-English Rosetta Stone, so the team can understand the English-French-Quebecois French meld he speaks in on ice. And for that to be used to translate his chirps in subtitle fashion for our viewing pleasure on a broadcast.
6. A Calder Trophy for #ImValNichushkin. Jaromir Jagr's already said he's going to be the best in the world so this shouldn't even be a contest, right?
5. A power play that doesn't look so powerless.
4. Wins against the Central division down the stretch.
3. A playoff berth -- though I can be patient on this one, Santa, if it means consistent appearances in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
1. A healthy team. Seriously, haven't the Stars taken enough on this front now?