Hockey players aren't popular because they lack personality. Or so you've been led to believe.
See Fox Sports Southwests' decision (I'm guessing the lovely Julie Dobbs or colleague) to hand the microphone over to the other side of the camera and let the players dictate- And you get pure gold from the Dallas Stars.
The moving pictures, courtesy of FSSW and DBD member Tracy Jean....
It almost seems mean. To laugh. So hard.
He's 18. He's confused. Tyler Seguin is relishing it. They circle back several times. Give the kid a break, will ya?
Of course then he turns around and scores 10 minutes after this airs on a power play off a great feed from, who else? Tyler Seguin. And you remember that they play hockey for a living and it doesn't seem so mean any more.
Twitter blew up with #I'mValNichushkin hashtags, and an unexpected Christmas gift and Dallas Stars meme was born.
Maxime Fortunus and Kevin Connauton's performances were just really, really delicious icing on the cake. Well done, FSSW. More of that, somehow, please.
- World Junior Championship: Dallas Stars' Esa Lindell and Finland
- Dallas Stars Advanced Statistics: Using the Bonnar Method to Visualize the Stars and Corsi
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings (9:30pm CST)
- Dallas Stars Daily Links: It's The Final Countdown
- Dallas Stars Prospect Update: Desrosiers, Lagace Register First Shutouts Of The Year