The Dallas Stars had an optional practice in Frisco Monday ahead of an afternoon flight to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks at United Center tomorrow evening, and center Tyler Seguin was allowed by doctors to exercise his option, skating alone before the sessions started.
"He's feeling a lot better," said Stars head coach Lindy Ruff. "He came in today, they went through the process. He was good enough to go out and skate, get his heart rate to a certain level and still felt pretty good. We're encouraged that this might may be only a couple of days."
Encouraged is right, but it's hard to imagine him playing in Chicago at this moment. At they very least you can take solace in the fact that he's not been placed on the IR list.
Aaron Rome has been placed on injured reserve, again, and forward Travis Morin recalled to go on the trip as an extra body in case he's needed - Or perhaps the AHL's leading scorer will get a look, and perhaps in a more offensive-minded role. Lindy Ruff was coy on the subject as you can see in the video below.
Ruff said they put Jamie Oleksiak in the lineup versus Edmonton to have more of a defensive presence against the skilled top two lines of the Oilers, but that Kevin Connauton would definitely get into a game soon.
Post practice video from the Stars...
- Dallas Stars Prospect Update: Troock Has Four Points In Two Games, Molin Leaves Brynas
- On Heels of Losing Stephane Robidas Dallas Stars Must Learn to Deal without Tyler Seguin
- Dallas Stars Daily Links: Stephane Robidas' Presence Missed in Loss to Edmonton Oilers
- Dallas Stars Fail to Convert Opportunities and Fall to the Edmonton Oilers in the Shootout
- Gameday Thread: Dallas Stars Host Edmonton Oilers