After a game like last night in Anaheim, all fans want to do is clear their heads and move on. Luckily, the Texas Stars are able to provide a bit of a distraction while the big club up in Dallas tries to prepare for their upcoming game against the flames.
Last night, the Texas Stars were in a close game with the Abbotsford Heat -- at least until the third period. And then Texas suddenly started scoring with ease. They put up 6 goals in the third period, including a hat trick from Colton Sceviour, to defeat the heat 9-3. You can read more about it over at 100 Degree Hockey, as they revel in the win. [100 Degree Hockey]
With any luck, the Dallas Stars will be able to take a page out of the book in Austin, and start putting things together soon. If not, well, we could be in for a long season.
Texas Stars aside, here are your various other links that should get you through the day:
- Mike Heika has his thoughts about last night's game, and how the team might be able to begin fixing the issues. [Dallas Morning News]
- Mark Stepneski also has his recap, including quotes from those on the team and how they feel about the loss. [Dallas Stars]
- Dallas Stars coach Lindy Ruff has pondered doing some line up changes. Considering how the game went Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised to see a different mix out there against the Flames this week. [Dallas Morning News]
- With Lehtonen getting rest again on Sunday, all signs point to him being back in net against the Flames as well. [Dallas Morning News]
- I really enjoy these "Vent" articles. This one discusses several different ways to help limit the hits that result in so many injuries. [Puck Daddy]
- Here are the 3 stars from across the NHL for Saturday's games. It may be a bit late, but it's totally worth it for the picture alone. [Puck Daddy]
- Meanwhile, Nashville did what the Stars could not, earning 4 out of 4 points on their back to back games on the road this weekend. As a bonus, former Dallas Star Eric Nystrom scored a short-handed goal against the Jets. Doesn't he know to save that for Movember? [NHL]
- The Philidelphia Flyers are off to a 1-7 start. If you want evidence of why spending to the cap (and beyond) is not always the best idea, look no further. [Sports Illustrated]
- If you play Fantasy Hockey, now may be the time to think about picking up some players off of the waiver wire. [ESPN]
- New York Rangers goalie Martin Biron announced his retirement after being placed on waivers. It has been a really rough start for goalies this year, eh? [NHL]
- Speaking of rough times for goalies, here's your weekend videos of the day. The first is an embarrassment of riches for Marc-Andre Fleury, and the second is former Dallas Star goalie Mike Smith getting his first NHL goal. Check them out below.