Muller has not appeared in a game with Dallas this season, sitting out three of four as a healthy scratch. He beat out Scott Glennie (injury), Colton Sceviour and others for one of the Stars' final roster spots but will now head down to Texas to make room.
Make room for what, though?
The Stars have have placed Chris Mueller on waivers. If he clears Stars say they will make a "few minor transactions."— Mark Stepneski (@StarsInsideEdge) October 13, 2013
Assuming Mueller makes it through waivers, he would play top-six minutes for Texas and be a big contributor there.
As for what is meant by "minor transactions," one can only assume that activating Aaron Rome has to be in the plans in the next few days for a team who might benefit from a little shuffle on the defensive end of the lineup. Lane MacDermid figures to continue to be a healthy scratch.
The Stars have said they don't expect Lehtonen out long, so that may not be it at all. We'll just have to wait and see.
Mike Heika says they have a 48 hour window from the Campbell call-up to decide:
@bradgardnerDBD 48 hour window expires on Monday, so Campbell has to return or Lehtonen has to go on IR. Decision still up in the air.— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) October 13, 2013
More from Defending Big D:
- Dallas Stars Still Haunted By Back-to-Backs, Lose 5-1 To Minnesota Wild
- Kari Lehtonen Day-to-Day, Not on Injured Reserve, but Jack Campbell Recalled
- Dallas Stars Try to Keep it Rolling Tonight Against Minnesota Wild
- Dallas Stars Daily Links: Stars Pick Up Where They Left Off
- Stars Use Huge First Period To Shoot Down Jets 4-1