Ed Mulholland-US PRESSWIRE
Another day of greats is set to happen for Dallas Stars fans. The CBA will be fully ratified, and fans will get to see Jagr skating in a Stars Jersey.
Jaromir Jagr has had a rough couple of days. First, his flight back to Dallas was delayed. Then, his jet lag was so bad, he had no choice but to sleep in on Friday morning, in order to get his much needed (and deserved) rest.
Much to the disappointment of the fans that were at the Stars Center on Friday morning, Jagr was not there to skate with the other players. It is expected, however, that he will be out on the ice with some of the other players on Saturday morning.
A handful of players are expected to skate at Dr Pepper Arena in Friscoon Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Media Availability will follow.— Stars Communications (@StarsPR) January 12, 2013
If you'll notice, they do not specifically mention Jagr. I would suspect that, after the letdown on Friday, that they don not want to guarantee his skating. Anyone who has traveled overseas knows how badly jet lag can fatigue you. Personally, I would much rather have a well rested living legend than one who's tired for the next couple of weeks.
Regardless of whether or not Jagr is on the ice, it should be a fun day for those of you who want to go see the players on ice. They will have ratified the CBA, the schedule will have been released, and we will be on our way to the start of the season.
As an added bonus, a number of the Defending Big D staff will be out there, so make sure you find them and say "hi!"
Coming up in the links: The Dallas Stars have begun their work making it up to fans and season ticket holders, the Jets media is already upset, and some hidden clauses in the new CBA.
- On Friday night, the Dallas Stars sent out an email to the season ticket holders, announcing one of the ways they plan on rewarding them for their loyalty. Just what did they get? 16 free additional tickets for this season. According to the Stars, there's even more to come. [Twitter/Twitter]
- In case you missed it, another benefit announced is that children 12 and under get in free for all games through January and February. [Dallas News]
- Meanwhile, down in Houston, the Texas Stars got another win under their belt. It could be the last game played this season with Cody Eakin and some of the others, so I'm glad they're making the most of it. [Hundred Degree Hockey]
- It would appear as though the schedule for the Detroit Red Wings leaked just a wee bit early. Of course, by the time you're reading this, the Stars' schedule will be released in a couple of hours or less. But seeing as how a lot of us plan our entire lives around a hockey season, those could be some valuable hours for your planning the last game of the season. [DetroitHockey.net]
- Further North, the Winnipeg press is apparently upset with Evander Kane, who didn't show up to training camp until only 2 days before training camp begins. Go figure. [Puck Daddy]
- I may hate him on the ice, but apparently Shane Doan played a pretty crucial part in helping both sides come to an agreement for the new CBA. Here's a pretty good timeline of what happened, and how the issues were ultimately resolved. [Globe And Mail]
- In a way that only DGB can, they managed to get a hold of the CBA and find some interesting details that most media may have missed. Warning: heavy amounts of sarcasm are involved. [Down Goes Brown]
- Lastly, if you can't make it out to Frisco today to watch Jagr on ice, at least you can watch him on the interview below. Only one more week until you see him in a real game time situation. I still can't believe it.