Jim Lites announced a plan on local radio that would potentially allow children under 12 to get in January and February home games free.
This morning on Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket Dallas Stars president and CEO Jim Lites continued his merciless assault on Dallas media with The Musers, and said that Tom Gaglardi came up with an idea they're trying to enact: Kids under 12 potentially get in the upper deck free for all January and February home games.
Officially the Stars aren't just ready to announce any specific initiatives, but this does seem as though it's really in the works.
"The Dallas Stars are in the process of finalizing several exciting initiatives for our fans . We are currently sorting through the logistics of these initiatives, and encourage fans to go to DallasStars.com and our social media platforms in the coming week to learn more."
That will potentially be a tremendous way to get two or three kids in the building for just the price of Mom and Dad. That's a bargain off what are already the cheapest tickets in the NHL.
Meanwhile we continue decoding hints about a schedule that cannot be release yet:
Key dates coming up, very tentatively...
- Training camp will likely start Sunday the 13th in Frisco. It will be free and open to the public. They will, in all likelihood, skate every day until the season opens.
- The season will very, very likely open Saturday, the 19th at the AAC against the _______ (we think Coyotes, but that's not official).
- Lites said he has heard from others who have seen television schedules that the Stars could be in St. Louis on Sunday night the 20th, back to back, to face the Blues.
- He said it's possible that they could be home the next Saturday night (the 26th) to play those same Blues.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Dispatch says the Blues are not expecting to play on the 20th. So maybe no one knows anything.
- The trade deadline is rumored to be April 3rd or 5th.
- Bob Sturm tweeted that the schedule will include three straight games against the Ducks. One would assume that means two consecutive here or there, and then travel to the other, but we'll see.
The schedule has something you have always dreamed of: 3 straight games against the Ducks. #Stars— Bob Sturm (@SportsSturm) January 10, 2013
That's a lot of Ryan Getzlaf to stomach in a week.
Again, the schedule will come out when the CBA is officially ratified and signed. Possible Saturday night. Possibly Sunday morning. That doesn't give those who need to sell tickets (like the Stars) much time to fill their buildings on short notice, but it's just an unfortunate part of the process.
Mr. Lites also mentioned a possible practice session Thursday evening at the American Airlines Center, but as with the tickets for children that's not confirmed or anything near a sure thing. Take everything you hear this week with a grain of salt.
Next week things will be clarified and we can all plan our lives for the next 100~ days accordingly. They'll surely be better than the last 100~ days, hockey-wise.