** We have a college game with a Stars prospect on television this weekend as NBC Sports Network is slated to cover Maine vs Notre Dame tonight at 6:00pm CST, meaning you can watch Devin Shore if you set your DVR tonight. **
The Stars selected Shore this summer with their fourth pick, being the last of three second round picks Joe Nieuwendyk had. If Maine wins Friday night they'll be featured again in the final of this "Ice Breaker Tournament" on NBC Sports Network Saturday at 6:30pm CST. It's just Shore's second game of the season.
It's a poor substitute for watching the Stars open the season in Phoenix Saturday, as had been the plan, but at this point beggars cannot be choosers. So go Devin Shore.
Here's the rest of the schedule...
|Texas Stars et all||
|Radek Faksa||Kitchener - OHL||@ Kingston||@ Ottawa|
|Brett Ritchie||Niagara - OHL||@ Sarnia
|Gemel Smith||Owen Sound - OHL||@ Peterborough|
|Matej Stransky||Saskatoon - WHL||@ Kootenay||@ Lethbridge||@ Medicine Hat||Tri-City|
|Branden Troock||Seattle - WHL||@ Vancouver||Spokane|
|Mike Winther||Prince Albert - WHL||Portland||@ Moose Jaw||Tri-City|
|Troy Vance||Victoriaville - QMJHL||Dummondville
||@ Blainville- Boisbriand|
|Alex Guptill||Michigan||Rochester IT|
|Curtis McKenzie||Miami (OH)||Colgate||Colgate|
|Devin Shore||Maine||Notre Dame**||Army/Nebraska-Omaha|
|Scott Winkler||Colorado College||Clarkson||Clarkson|
(I'll be in Cedar Park Sunday night to take in Texas Stars opening night against Charlotte. Email me if you want to meet up for a second.)
To recap/restate watching options and pricing....
Your options for streaming live video of Dallas Stars prospects this (non) season currently look like this...
- In the WHL (Stransky, Troock, Winther) they offer a $199.99 team pass for the entire season, or $6.95 per game. We like to wait until one prospect is playing another to spend the cash. [WHL]
- In the OHL (Faksa, Ritchie, Smith) prices are comparable. It's currently $179.99 for the team pass and $6.99 for single games. [LINK]
- In the Q (Troy Vance) it's a little cheaper, as they sell a team pass for $149.95 on the season, and a comparable $6.95 for single games. It's just Vance, though, and he's very young still. [LINK]
And then there is the AHL, where the majority of our focus will be placed during the lockout. Sugar coating this is not easy so I won't attempt it here: The AHL Live subscriptions are not cheap, but they do present you with options. [LINK]
- You can purchase the ALL ACCESS package and watch every team, every game for $349.99. Which is ridiculous. Even Brandon and I, the hardest of the hardcore prospect watchers, will probably not be purchasing this options.
- You can buy individual games for about $7 each, which, depending on how many you plan on watching, really might be the best way to go.
- You can get all of the TX Stars away games for $99.99, which might make sense if you're a season ticket holder in Cedar Park.
- Or you can get all Texas Stars games for $149.99. Steep, but this is the way we'll probably go here on the site. Chiasson, Oleksiak, Campbell, Smith, Smith, Dillon, Nemeth, Vincour, Fraser, Eakin...it's just too juicy not to. If you can get your wife to sign off, that is. (We recommend splitting the cost with like minded hockey nerds, as we'll be doing)