Those of you who live outside the Twitter-verse might have missed a fun little story yesterday involving the dearly departed (from Texas, not this Earth) Brad Richards, whose account tweeted the following yesterday morning...
im a dork!.... im still signed in in NYC!! uh oh!!!!!! [Twitter]
It went around the internet yesterday that he had been hacked and then he himself admitted that he may need to change his password and account altogether. My first thought, rather, was that some female (drunk or otherwise) got a hold of his phone. I wasn't that far off.
It turned out that Tommy Lee of Motley Crue (seriously) happened upon a computer in a New York City hotel where Brad Richards had stayed and left his Twitter account logged in. You can read all the tweets in this Puck Daddy story chronicling the odd occurrence. The two ended up making a date for a Rangers game this year.
What are the odds?
- Mike Heika runs down the history of the Stars relationships with their various affiliates before finally finding what seems like the right fit with the Texas Stars currently. [DMN]
- Finally a positive opinion on Sheldon Souray as the ESPN fantasy hockey department wonders if he could offer good value and regain some of his former self with that big elephant gun in his possession. [ESPN]
- It appears as though Jamieson Oleksiak has made one of his two big off-season choices, declining his invitation to the United States' World Junior Development camp. It looks like he's choosing to stand on the Canadian side of the line. Razor will be pleased, no doubt. [mLive.com]
- Humor in the form of fake twitter conversation between Stars' enforcers Krys Barch and Eric Godard. [Thursday Morning Cupcheck]
- Former Dallas Star Mike Keane left his heart in Manitoba (the Moose retired his number last year) and now it seems he might be returning there to work for the Winnipeg Jets. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- ESPN Dallas with Adam Pardy quotes. We participated in that conference call and will have our own take on that one soon as well. [ESPN Dallas]
- Alex Goligoski will take part in a hockey game with many other NHLers in Hastings, Minnesota benefiting multiple charities. Be careful, Alex! [Hastings Star Gazette]
- Today the Jets will announce the hiring of former Dallas Stars assistant coach Charlie Huddy [Dreger]