No surprises from practice today as the Stars had a light workout. Adam Burish actually took part and Nick Grossman skated on his own away from his compadres but neither will be able to play against Columbus on Tuesday night as the Stars try to finish out their remaining schedule with perfection.
With a stress fracture, the best thing (the only thing, really) to do is to stay OFF of the leg. The only remedy is time. If Burish has a stress fracture as has been reported, then a potential comeback could happen with the injury not truly healed, meaning a strong possibility of reprisals on IR. A stress fracture is an overuse injury. To heal you need to stop the activity causing the overuse. In Adam's case, it's playing hockey.
Nevertheless they will not rule out his return with only four games remaining. I'm considering Nick Grossman a more realistic possibility now that he's back on skates and fitted with a brace.
Fistric could get back in the lineup on Tuesday, though at this point, would anyone really blame Crawford for rolling with the lineup that finally got him a WIN?
- Do you get your fantasy advice from ESPN? Here's their top 100 forwards for 2011-2012, and several more than just missed the cut. Guess who's NOT on this list? [ESPN] Preposterous.
- The Ducks are a little stressed about the goal calls and the Sharks game. Bobby Ryan says it's tough to regroup on a back to back. Buddy....the Stars were on a back to back as well. [OC Register]
- This isn't hockey related but it's way too funny to exclude. If you're a Mets fan
why the heck are you also a Stars fan?I would avoid this link. [Big League Stew]
- The Dallas Observer [Richie Whitt] isn't so sure that was a hand pass last night. It was. [Dallas Observer]
- Dallasstars.com details the many advantages of home ice for the Stars this week. [Dallasstars.com]
- Dallas is still hanging on to a 24% mathematical chance of making the playoffs. They need a lot of help to move that number north of 50%. [Puck Daddy - Death Watch]
- Mike Heika details some of the woes of the Stars upcoming opponents including Colorado, who lost Paul Stastny for the season with what is possibly the same injury Adam Burish has. [DMN]