During the top of the 5th inning of the Texas Rangers' game against the Los Angeles Angels, Toby Peterson and Kari Lehtonen were interviewed in the stands by Jim Knox.
A few takeaways from the video -
- This was only the second Rangers' game that Kari has attended. Of course, being from Finland, baseball isn't a sport that Kari would have grown up with, although I would think that he caught a few Atlanta Braves' games during his time with the Thrashers.
- Toby demurred when asked about the Stars' coaching vacancy and if there was someone he would like to see get the job.
- Tom Grieve, Mark McLemore and John Rhadigan spent most of the half inning talking about the Stars, rather than what was occurring on the field (the Angels were at bat).
- Mark McLemore made a comment about how hockey players are probably the best athletes, given the intensity of the game.
- Toby was apparently catching the game with at least one of his sons (he has two, ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2), as a shot of Toby and Kari later shows Kari talking to a little boy sitting on Toby's lap.
This is a user-created FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of SB Nation or Defending Big D. FanPost opinions are valued expressions of opinion by passionate and knowledgeable hockey and Dallas Stars fans.