During the top of the 5th inning of the Texas Rangers' game against the Los Angeles Angels, Toby Peterson and Kari Lehtonen were interviewed in the stands by Jim Knox.
A few takeaways from the video -
- This was only the second Rangers' game that Kari has attended. Of course, being from Finland, baseball isn't a sport that Kari would have grown up with, although I would think that he caught a few Atlanta Braves' games during his time with the Thrashers.
- Toby demurred when asked about the Stars' coaching vacancy and if there was someone he would like to see get the job.
- Tom Grieve, Mark McLemore and John Rhadigan spent most of the half inning talking about the Stars, rather than what was occurring on the field (the Angels were at bat).
- Mark McLemore made a comment about how hockey players are probably the best athletes, given the intensity of the game.
- Toby was apparently catching the game with at least one of his sons (he has two, ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2), as a shot of Toby and Kari later shows Kari talking to a little boy sitting on Toby's lap.