Some more good news this afternoon, so to speak, as Dallas Stars coach Marc Crawford has told ESPN (LeBrun) that Nick Grossman's injury could keep him out as little as a week to 10 days from now, which is better than we've been speculating, if true. That would get Grossman back potentially for the last three games of the season, if there is still reason to rush him, that is.
Meanwhile, we're all waiting anxiously for puck drop tonight and one can only imagine that the players are having a hard time with the usual pre-game naps today. It's that time of year. Here's a little reading to help pass the time including good signs from Scott Glennie.
Let us also look to the Texas Stars for inspiration, who last night got a win every bit as big as the one Dallas is hoping to get today. They did it, as Stephen tells us here, with goaltending and SPECIAL TEAMS play. I remember special teams play...
- The game tonight is getting a little national attention, as it should. Pierre LeBrun spoke with coach this morning on the phone and has a good read on the importance of the outcome. [ESPN]
- Ray Emery is back in the NHL and is off to a fantastic start with the Ducks going 2-0 with a .972 save percentage and a GAA of 0.87 in three games. He is 1-1 in his career against Dallas with a .926 SV%. [OC Register]
- The national media is fawning all over Corey Perry these days. [USA Today]
- The walls are closing in around the Calgary Flames. Are the Stars next? [Toronto Sun]
- The Texas Stars' Josh Fisher writes a good piece on the young goaltending duo in Cedar Park as they head toward a playoff spot. [theahl.com]
- The Stars ECHL affiliate Steelheads have sent defenseman Guillaume Monast to the Texas Stars. [ECHL]
- Encouraging signs from Canadian Juniors as Scott Glennie has had a marvelous season even though Brayden Schenn, who many thought to be a crutch for Glennie, was traded away earlier in the year. Brandon is heading to the playoffs with Glennie leading the way. [Brandon Sun.com] Interesting that they talk about him as a center.
- Heika has some good reading on the Ducks tonight at his DMN blog. [DMN]