I know Worley put this up in a fanshot Friday afternoon, but it's still the hot topic of the day as the Stars continue to make their way without starter Kari Lehtonen and with backup goalie Andrew Raycroft having some... consistency issues.
"You work every day in the minors to get that chance, and it's always on your mind,'' Bachman said. "It keeps pushing you to get better, to get the opportunity, so if I do get that chance, I want to make the most of it.''
Bachman is 24, so he has battled through the process, and that makes him feel better.
"It's been a progression, starting out even in high school,'' he said. "You take different stages and steps and try to make the most of each one, and you hope you get better at each level.''
After the jump, more on the Stars game against the Kings, go inside the mind of Brenden Shanahan and Trevor Daley talks hats.
- Mike Heika has more on Bachman and the overall goalie situation in this paywalled article. [DallasNews.com]
- In off-the-ice news, Jim Lites talks about finding the right job for Mike Modano. [ESPN Dallas]
- Wonder what was going through Brenden Shanahan's mind when he suspended Mark Fistric? Here you go. [Thursday Morning Cupcheck]
- Now, I know the web editors who write these headlines have one million other things to do and therefore put very little thought into what they're slapping on top of online stories. But can someone please explain to me how the headline on this Tim Cowlishaw brief relates to what he wrote? [DallasNews.com]
- This heartbreaking article about the Yaroslavl Lokomotiv tragedy doesn't contain anything specific about Karlis Skrastins. But it's worth a read regardless, particularly if you need a good cry today. [Sportsnet.ca]
- Meet the enemy, part the first: Well, we won't have to deal with that confusing name homonym problem that we have when the Stars play a team featuring Ethan Moreau because the Los Angeles Kings placed him on waivers. [LA Kings Insider]
- Meet the enemy, part the second: The Kings are having a crisis of confidence, especially recently as their even-strenth offense has sputtered. Whatever happened to the team that was picked by many to fight for the division and even the conference title? Scott Burnside examines. [ESPN]
- Around the Pacific Division: File this under players that you miss much more when injury strikes: Mike Smith is tearing it up with the Phoenix Coyotes right now. [USA Today]
- Remember when all the Toronto Maple Leafs fans wanted to get a top-tier Dallas forward (the most common names thrown around were James Neal and Jamie Benn) in exchange for Tomas Kaberle? Well Kaberle, who was signed as a free agent by the Carolina Hurricanes, is now considered one of the worst contracts in the league and was just traded to that hotbed of sensitivity, the Montreal Canadiens. I honestly feel a little sorry for the guy, as I always do when one's game falls off the end of a cliff. [Puck Daddy]
- As promised by Ralph Strangis via Twitter, the return of the highly amusing and informative "Unlaced" interview series, this time with Trevor Daley. Topics of conversation include horse racing, Christmas presents and why he always wears hats on camera.