Last night at 10:34pm CDT I looked down at the "Tweetdeck" application open on my phone and watched the 129th "Kovalchuk contract rejected by NHL!!" tweet roll across the screen. Hours after the fact people were still writing their own little stories and wanting to "break" the news, and then something inside of me "broke". I just absolutely do not care any more.
There are plenty of good reasons to care, such as the aftermath of circumventing the salary cap, causing other players to pay more into the escrow tax (On the Forecheck) or the complete lack of respect deals like this have for the last lockout and their effect on the next possible lockout in 3 years, but I'm going to let someone else worry about that. Between Lebron James and Ilya Kovalchuk I have had it with this free agent garbage.
Here is a quick list off the top of my head of things I care as little about as Ilya Kovalchuk's contract at this point...
- Sabre's fans opinions on Brett Hull's Cup clincher.
- Olympic synchronized swimming
- What Tom Hicks thinks of hockey in Southern Markets.
- What channel Dancing with American Idols is on, or whatever they're called. Never seen them.
- Who put who's "stick blade" to which poor girl first, how sloppy it was, and any other Sean Avery related matters.
- Sean Avery.
- NL Baseball.
- Keith Olbermann.
- What fans of other teams have to say about Steve Ott.
- Fabian Brunnstrom's arbitration hearing.
- Anything on MTV.
- ESPN's coverage of Brett Favre coming back for another year or not.
- The 17th eventual Tiger Woods bimbo to go public.
- Dallas Stars Ice Girls.
- 105.3 FM "the fan"
- Winnipeg, Hamilton, and anyone else whining about getting an NHL team.
And so many more.
This guy knows a thing or two about not caring about something...