The Texas Stars stole game one at the Giant Center on Thursday night, do they have the ability to steal a second in a row? We find out tonight starting at 6pm CST.
Some stats and numbers to keep in mind tonight:
- Teams that have won the first game of the last three Calder Cup finals have ended up winning the Cup. That trend extends to 14 teams winning game one over the last 16 finals.
- Only four teams in the history of the AHL have come back to win the final after dropping game one at home.
- The Texas Stars have now allowed the first goal against in a game 11 straight times.
- The Hershey Bears lost at home for only the second time in their last 39 home games (regular season and playoffs) ... They are 17-3 this season after a loss. They are slumping a bit though having gone 2-3 in their last five games.
- Jamie Benn's next goal will set an AHL playoff record for most goals by a rookie. He's four points away from the total points playoff record by a rookie.