- Once the injury issues are cleared up, Phillip Larsen is going to be sent back form to Cedar Park and while that may be a bit of a downer for Stars fans, they should be very encouraged over his work on the power play tonight and how he will fire the puck on net at will. He didn't see much even strength time and no short handed time on ice, but it may have been a case of coach Marc Crawford utilizing the best part of Larsen and sparing him from being put into too many tough spots as a defender. Crawford in post game had nothing but praise for Larsen saying, "I thought he was really good. He comes out with speed. He's not afraid to shoot." He also added, "We're seeing the tip of the iceberg with young Philip."
Not only was Larsen's shooting on the power play nice to see, but Crawford also noted that Larsen drawing in benefited Matt Niskanen, commenting that "Niskanen played really well tonight. Maybe the pressure of not having to (be) on the power play with Richie was good for him."
- Overall the defense was good to win and any time the team can get a goal from Skrastins, it is a huge bonus. Crawford also mentioned that Trevor Daley was playing with an illness which is also a big reason the Stars dressed seven defensemen in case of the event Daley wasn't able to play a full game. Daley incipiently had himself a strong game as well and again did great in pinching low when he saw the chances too open up for him.
- Almost doesn't seem fair that Kari Lehtonen has to wait this logn into a recap to get a mention, but there really was nothing new from him.. He was very good and bailed the Stars out in the second period when they played poorly. He also picked up an assist on Burish's goal and now has two for the season which ties him for the NHL lead in goalie points. Did ya think after losing Marty Turco the Stars would still have a goalie that came into the top ten in that department?
- Steve Ott and Adam Burish make a team video for DMD user Happygirl wishing her well on her new tattoo... Ott then scores a goal, picks up an assist and makes a general pain of himself for the Wild. Burish meanwhile picks up a goal himself. That friends is good karma!
- Brad Richards, Mike Ribeiro and Brandon Segal all had very good efforts tonight. Brenden Morrow also had a good game though went pointless.
- The powerplay was a mixed bag going 2 for 6, but at times did seem to revert back to the long list of bad habits that have followed them around for some time.. The penalty kill was a perfect 3 for 3.