Word from Morning skate is that Karlis Skrastins, who missed Thursday's game with a bruised quad, will be back in the lineup tonight to block some Phoenix Coyote shots. Crawford said they'll dress everyone tonight and make a decision on the scratches as late as possible.
As expected, Kari Lehtonen will be your starter tonight in net. I haven't been able to find anything about Bryzgalov tonight. I suppose I should have went to morning skate and asked myself because Coyotes reporting on the internet leaves a little to be desired.
While you take a break from playing with all your new toys this "Boxing Day", here are some links.
Who's coming to the game tonight?
- Bob Sturm attributes some of the team's success this year to the penalty kill, which has been MUCH better than it was in October. [Dallasstars.com]
- This New York Times blog seems to have melded Morrow and Richards into one super hockey player... "Brad Richards, the captain and the only recognized elite talent on the roster, has provided inspiration by playing through a nose badly broken after being hit by a puck Dec. 13. He has scored four goals in the five games since the injury." Huh? [NYTimes.com]
- Stephane Robidas and Nick Grossman get love from the Star Telegram/DMN [StarTelegram.com]
- Dallasstars.com has a good piece on what some of the players were planning for Christmas. None of them call "home" a place that is less than 800 miles away from Dallas. [dallasstars.com]
- Jamie Benn makes Vancouver/Victoria Island's list of top 10 sports stories of the year. [timescolonist.com]
- Puck Daddy has a great Jack Campbell roundup and WJC primer. The tournament gets started today in Buffalo. [Puck Daddy]
- Watch the Winter Classic Rink get built. Too bad it's not today or tomorrow. Snow is Pittsburgh those days as opposed to 44 degrees and rain on New Years Day. How's that going to make ice conditions?
- The man that sold the team to Tom Hicks has nothing but nice things to say about him. [Dallas Morning News]