One of our very, very favorite readers, @HappyGirl1029 made a bit of a promise earlier this season. Armed with a devout and ardent dedication to her fandom and the knowledge that the Stars were the only team in the league that couldn't win three games in a row last season, she pledged to get a Dallas Stars tattoo if the team could win FIVE games in a row this season.
And then they did. In fact, they won six games in a row.
Now, no one would have blamed her for backing out. A tattoo is not something to be taken lightly and is a decision one lives with for the rest of their days, but to her everlasting credit she did it this weekend and you see the finished product displayed here. That's dedication!
She had a little help with the design, of course, because thanks to the awesomeness of Twitter and the Dallas Stars organization, Steve Ott and Adam Burish made a video helping her decide what to get and clearly their advice did not fall on deaf ears. You can see that video and discussion here.
It all goes to show you once again that the hockey blogosphere/online community is the best in sports. Well done, all those involved. Hopefully, HG, the Stars will not make your sacrifice in vain and will win five in a row again this year on their way to the playoffs.
- Our old friend Warren Peters gets a look at Hockey Wilderness. [HW]
- The national media types are giddy that Kari Lehtonen is injured. I've never seen more people take delight at another humans physical maladies. [Puck Daddy]
- The ECHL celebrates Bachman's achievement in playing in an NHL game. [ECHL]
- Mike Heika was on "The Hockey Writers" podcast last night on Blog Talk Radio [BTR]
- Dallas Stars.com celebrates the Stars organization depth in being able to deal with all of these bumps and bruises this season in calling up Gagnon, Bachman, Larsen, etc... [dallasstars.com]
- Galatioto, one of the men in charge of the Stars sale is still trying to weasel more money out of the Texas Rangers bounty paid by Greenberg, Davis and company. [star-telegram]
- Mark Fistric is back from his conditioning assignment. Could play tonight. [ESPN Dallas]
- Check out Fear the Fin for more on tonight and we'll have the game preview up later at lunch time or so. [Fear the Fin]