Today's the big day. We've been hyping the fundraiser all week, and we finally get to see the fruits of our labor tonight at 7:00 p.m. CST.
The fundraiser will take place during the Game Day Thread as the Dallas Stars take on the Colorado Avalanche. We'll open up the official thread at 6:30 p.m., at which point all of the comments made not only during the game but until 11:59 p.m. CST will count towards the final tally.
That's how easy it is. For every comment made tonight, Defending Big D will donate $0.05 towards the NHL/UNICEF Initiative. Our goal (and limit) is 4,000 comments, and we're going to need a lot of help to reach it. Please, tell your friends, your family and call your co-workers; anyone who might be a Stars or a hockey fan.
We've already received over $125 in direct donations, which can be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to pledge a certain donation amount for each comment, please alert me via email and then make the appropriate donation on Monday after the final comment tally. Once again, please alert me via email for any donation you wish to make so that I can add that to the final total.
To make a difference, all you have to do is show up tonight and talk about the Dallas Stars with fellow fans. It helps that tonight is a big game for the Stars, as they work to continue to build on what they've done the past 10 days.
Full details on the fundraiser are after the jump. Can't wait to see everyone tonight!
How does this work?
- On Sunday, January 24th, we will open the game thread for the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche game. For every comment made during that game, Defending Big D will donate $0.05 in support of the Haiti relief efforts. Currently our goal (and our cap) is 4,000 comments. Currently, we will be donating to the NHL/UNICEF Initiative.
- For a comment to count, it has to be useful and relevant. No one-letter comments.
How can I help?
- Tell your friends, family, co-workers. Spread the word. 4,000 comments in one game is a lot and it's going to take as many of us as possible.
- If you wish to donate directly, here are a couple of options:
To donate to the American Red Cross CLICK HERE
To donate to the NHL/UNICEF Initiative CLICK HERE
- If you wish to pledge for the comment fundraiser, please contact me at defendingbigd (at) gmail dot com. It can be either a set amount or $0.01 per comment. Just let me know. Defending Big D will have a PayPal account to collect all donations. We'll be making one big donation to NHL/UNICEF after the fundraiser is completed.
- You can also make a direct donation to our fundraising account via PayPal, by sending you donation to defendingbig(at) gmail dot com.