With two days left before our big fundraiser, I wanted to update everyone on how this will work and what we've done so far when it comes to getting the word out.
For those that don't know, Defending Big D will be holding a Haiti Relief Fundraiser on Sunday, January 24th during the Dallas Stars game against the Colorado Avalanche. Haiti was hit by not one massive earthquake, but several major aftershocks that continue to plague rescue efforts. The US Navy has sent a hospital ship and the USS Carl Vinson to render aid, and there are thousands of American and Canadian volunteers on their way to help in any way they can.
This is our chance to help make a difference.
After the jump, detailed information on the fundraiser and how YOU can help during the the game, just by coming to Defending Big D and making an easy comment.
How does this work?
- On Sunday, January 24th, we will open the game thread for the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche game. For every comment made during that game, Defending Big D will donate $0.05 in support of the Haiti relief efforts. Currently our goal (and our cap) is 4,000 comments. Currently, we will be donating to the NHL/UNICEF Initiative.
- For a comment to count, it has to be useful and relevant. No one-letter comments.
How can I help?
- Tell your friends, family, co-workers. Spread the word. 4,000 comments in one game is a lot and it's going to take as many of us as possible.
- If you wish to donate directly, here are a couple of options:
To donate to the American Red Cross CLICK HERE
To donate to the NHL/UNICEF Initiative CLICK HERE
- If you wish to pledge for the comment fundraiser, please contact me at defendingbigd (at) gmail dot com. It can be either a set amount or $0.01 per comment. Just let me know. Defending Big D will have a PayPal account to collect all donations. We'll be making one big donation to NHL/UNICEF after the fundraiser is completed.
- You can also make a direct donation to our fundraising account via PayPal, by sending you donation to defendingbig(at) gmail dot com.
Already we've received several volunteers donating their time and money towards this cause, but we are going to need much more help in order to hit our goal.
Please spread the word in any way you can, and please be here on Sunday. It's the easiest way to make a difference you'll ever find.