A couple of administrative happenings today in the world of the Stars.
With Sean Avery officially being placed on re-entry waivers today, the Stars needed to make room for him on their roster. To do so, Ray Sawada was assigned to the Manitoba Moose of the AHL. Mike Heika thinks it could just be purely administrative and if a team does indeed grab Avery then he would be right back on the team. Another option would be to have Landon Wilson come off the IR if he is ready.
Dallas Stars news:
- DallasStars.com has a nice story up on how Marty Turco holds the key to the team's playoff hopes. Well, him and 21 other guys.
- Here's a follow-up story on how the team was disappointed with the reaction to the Steve Ott incident.
- Richard Durrett takes a look at three defensemen the Stars could consider at the trade deadline.
- He also asks the question of whether the Stars should be buyers or sellers.
- Mark Stepneski takes a look at the numbers for February, where the Stars had the third-worst record in the West.
- In case you missed it, here's the audio of Les Jackson talking about the trade deadline during yesterday's game.
- Amazingly, the Stars are still within three points of 6th place in the West.
Around the NHL:
- In breaking news, the Devils have acquired Niclas Havelid from Atlanta.
- Brian Burke is denying a report that would have sent Tomas Kaberle to the Bruins for a first- and third-round pick and the Bruins' top prospect.
- Martin Brodeur recorded his 100th career shutout yesterday.
- Puck Daddy has a great article about how Don Cherry's comments about Alex Ovechkin weren't all that far off.